Child Relocation


What happens if the custodial parent wants to move out of state and the non-custodial parent objects?

In circumstances where the non-custodial parent (parent who does not have physical placement of the child) objects to the custodial parent moving out of state it is appropriate to file a “Motion to Relocate with Minor Child(ren)” with the Rhode island Family Court. The Family Court will hear this motion and base its decision on the best interests of the minor child, pursuant to the factors listed above, as well as eight additional factors listed within the case of Dupre vs. Dupre, and any other facts which will have a bearing on whether this move would be in the best interests of the child(ren).

Return to Child Custody & Visitation | Or continue to Child Support

Layout mode
Predefined Skins
Custom Colors
Choose your skin color
Patterns Background
Images Background